This inventory is not simply a “tack on section,” but a full inventory designed for couples who have been civilly married. Whether a couple has been civilly married for a few years or many years, this specialized inventory includes key points for couples to discuss. The language of the Convalidation Inventory acknowledges the lived experience of the couple as a spouse, and captures this vital opportunity to enrich that experience while preparing for sacramental marriage.
Topical areas covered are:
- Marriage as a Sacrament
- Recreation, Friendships, Habits & Boundaries
- Family of Origin Issues
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Catholic Identity
- Intimacy & Sexuality
- Catholic Parenting
- Vocation & Careers
- Special Sections for Ecumenical Marriage, Second Marriage and Blended Families
The Convalidation Facilitator Guide pages include in-depth catechetical teaching points, additional references to scripture, and quotes from the Couple’s Workbook. Moreover, these materials carry a Nihili Obstat and Imprimatur.
All materials available in Spanish.
The materials can be ordered online via your parish profile or by calling 320-252-4721.
The inventory is available in both online and paper/pencil versions. The cost of the materials are as follows:
- Inventory Booklet: $4 each
- Couples Workbooks: $7 each
- Facilitator Guide pages and tabs (designed to fit in the back of an existing Facilitator Guide):
- $12 English pages
- $17 Bilingual pages
The cost for the scoring is the same as the Premarital Inventory ($12)